Monday, October 3, 2011

For a second there I thought you disappeared...







I should have all sorts of tales to share since its been so long since my last outfit post, but alas, I do not. Just wanted to check in before bed (yes, at 9:30 p.m. - no judging).

Ok...while typing I did think of an anecdote to share. In the form of a script. It's my favorite way to share stories.

Let me set the scene - Dad and I visited my grandma in Marshalltown. Grandma lives in a retirement community. We were wandering the halls on our way back from lunch and ran into a gem of a gal and this happened:

Little old lady: (at dad and me) Are you two a married couple?
Me: NO.
Dad: No, we're just dating.
Me: (not amused...but it is a little funny)
Little old lady: Oh, I didn't know. Can I sing you a song?
Me: (as grandma and dad are walking away) Maybe later if we run into you again.
Little old lady: (disappointed, turns away and hums in the creepiest, high-pitched tone)

And there you have it.

Have a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment