Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear Diary: September 2, 1996

While rifling through some of my belongings the other day, I stumbled across my childhood diary. After reading it twice, I realized a few things:

1. I only ever cared about boys.
2. My mom and I fought a lot then made up almost immediately after.
3. I was hilarious at a young age.
4. Any decrease in writing was due to a lack of boy action or fighting with my mom.

Finding this delightful treasure came in handy at the perfect time. For a few weeks now, I've been racking my brain for the right way to share more about myself with you guys. I tried the 'Tidbits About Me' post once, but it felt a little forced. As I relived so many of my elementary and middle school experiences, I knew I had to let you all in on my awkwardness.

All misspellings from my diary have been copied in the below text - I promise that will be an important and hilarious detail throughout these posts. Also, for a bit more background, in 1996 I was in 4th grade and about to turn 10.

Enjoy...

September 2, 1996
In 11 more days it will be my birthday. I'm so exited! For my b-day party we are going to go miniture golfing. And a go cart race. We are going to have tacos for supper. Toninght we went to the park for a picnic with Russ and his kids and I saw my mom and Russ kiss!!

(BONUS ENTRY)

December 5, 1996
I am so excited for Christmas. This weekend we are going to put up our tree. Tonight I have a basketball practice. Today a guy called me. He said his name was James. I don't know any body with that name.

There you have it! I'll try to post diary entries on a weekly basis and trust me when I say that things really start picking up speed around seventh grade.

Have a lovely night!

No comments:

Post a Comment